• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Server Vidcard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namagomi

Disabled
Okay, I need a card for a server box I'm throwing together. I'd like it to be cheap, have good 2D performance, but still have enough grunt for the occasional game.

I was thinking Gainward Ti200 Golden Sample, Geforce4MX or ATI <9500, but would also consider others. Who can help me out?

Depending on what game you are desiding on playing i would recommend a ATI Radeon 7500. it can do alot of the games and it well priced. anything higher and it might as well be a gaming box. A Geforce 2 MX 400 are cheap today as well and would work just as nice.

I am building a game server and just putting in my GeforceMX440. It is a stand alone machine and no one plays on it though. MX440 does suck but it does play Unreal2, The
Awakening at 1200x1600 and are really cheap.

Plain Jane Radeon 7000 will get the job done. If you need stability Matrox makes cards aimed for that sector (and drivers to match).

-Rav

My very first recommendation was going to be Matrox. Just like someone else mentioned, a true "server" should be stable above everything else. Matrox makes VERY stable video cards and very stable drivers that can run for days, weeks and years without so much as a blink. As nice as NVIDiA's drivers are, I still can't see them being THAT stable.

I currently have an HP Vectra XA server machine running Windows 2000 that has a total uptime of better than 480 days since the last reboot -- the little Matrox 2064W (Millenium 4mb) PCI card in that thing is probably more stable than the shoddy PC100 memory that's in it :)

Back