• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msn 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

Anyone here use MSN? if so do you have MSN 6? and the reason I ask in this forum is because

I have NO CLUE were to start if I was to say hack MSN 6 so I could have it randomly select images from my " My Pictures" folder instead of me having to randomly change them

and I would greatly like some guidence, I am mainly versed in PHP these days having used nothing but in over a year I would wadger

so it would be quite the task

You can set your own background, Click create background and browse through to the one you want select it then in the same create background highlight it and click set as default. It will now be on every msn messenger you chat in.

Tread

Thank you for replying.

I am not arguing that MSN 6 is not a good program, I am looking to add more functionality to its existing features,

random backgrounds would be equally enjoyed as would random user images.

I am slowly hunting down the resources to allow me to do such a task, though it seems much more then I should be attempting to chew

keep in mind im not a programmer but wouldnt there be a registry entry for the picture MSN6 is using?

Couldn't you find this registry value, and then write a program to change it to another random picture?

You could get regmon and start that up, then change your picture, and check the log and it will show you where the key is in the registry.

You can then take this program that randomly chooses your picture and put it in the start up folder and it will change your picture everytime you boot up.

Back