• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about non-SSE comps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RideGuy

I just repaved my parents old computer with Win98SE. It's a C500 with 64megs of ram. I also added my laptop to my network, it's a C500 as well but with 128megs and Win2k.

The Win98 box is currently working on a tinker and producing about 8.2 points a day.
The Win2k laptop is working on a gromac and producing 15 points per day.

Out of 8 comps I have folding these are my first two with no SSE. My question is: Are these low PPD normal?

Thanks,
Ride

Yes, I have a 366 PII laptop folding for me. It takes almost two weeks for it to complete a 70 point tinker. I may just make it crunch SETI if I can get some more CPUs to make up for it.

hmmm, the 8 ppd one on tinkers sounds normal, the other one, managing to do gromcs surprises me if it is really without SSE, being a mobile chip it's possible it has the coppermine architecture with SSE. Desktop cellys didn't have SSE until 533+

Back