• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing dues Ex on Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katka

Installing Deus Ex on Windows XP

OK I've tried everything I can think. The installer keeps freezeing at the very last bit. I went to the Deus Ex website, no help there and I'm still waiting on the E-mail to actavite my account on the Eidos Forums so I can't ask there yet. So I turn to you all for help.

Oh and I've tried compatibility mode too.

Last edited:
What exactly have you tried (restarting, closing all background apps...)? I remember one time Black & White would give an error right away when I tried installing, so I restarted, closed all programs running in the background, and all was well.

Hmm...have you tried deleting the Deus Ex files that were created during the install (as well as reg keys)?

That's still odd though. Just for the heck of it, I tried installing Deus Ex on my machine (Athlon 2500+ oc to 2.3GHz, 512 PC3200, G4 Ti4600, Win XP w/o SP1 though) and it installed (complete) and played fine. If it still bothers you, you can try to reformat...do you have SP1? Maybe something's up with that (I heard good and bad about SP1).

Yeah I've got SP1. I'll try and reinstall it after I reformat in a week or so.

But hey, it runs and I'm happy with that. It's a great game, can't belive I've missed out on it for so long.

Back