• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOOM PSX/PS2 to PC controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

I just got a BOOM PSX/PS2 to PC controller adaptor and of course im having trouble. I have Windows XP Pro and it automatically installed the drivers for it. When I go to Game Controllers and select the controller, click properties, i get the setup page for it. When i move the joystick or press the buttons none of the lights on the screen light up, and the x/y axis cross doesnt move.

Here is a pic incase i lost you.

boompsx.jpg

Any Ideas Guys???

No no no...there should be drivers you have to install before plugging in the adapter (even if you have Windows XP). I believe lik-sang has them posted if you search for the adapter (or it should come with a driver disc). That's how mine is (I have a Super Joy Box 4 though)...also, my friend has a different kind and it's the same way. So, unplug your adapter/controller, remove it from "game controllers" if necessary, install the drivers, then plug in the adapter/controller. Good luck.

Last edited:
i went to lik-sang and they say Windows XP installs the drivers automatically. There are just drivers for windows 98/95

Hmm...that's weird because mine does not show 16 buttons. There's only 12. Have you tried calibrating it? Or turning on the Analog Mode?

make sure the switch in the converter isn't set to N64, the light in the converter should be red (red is for PSX/PS2 and green is for N64).

john240sx said:
make sure the switch in the converter isn't set to N64, the light in the converter should be red (red is for PSX/PS2 and green is for N64).

I think he just got the PSX/PS2 one. Boom makes at least 2 kinds.

BTW: I would try "updating" the drivers on the game controller that shows up...yeah, i know it's for win 98...but it could work....I have no other ideas...sorry.

do you think it would work if i reinstalled windows xp or installed another OS like windows 2000 or 98se?

xbiker321 said:
do you think it would work if i reinstalled windows xp or installed another OS like windows 2000 or 98se?

I'm not sure but it doesn't hurt to try. Just make sure you backup anything you want to keep (saved games and such)...I forgot to do that a couple of times.:mad:

I wouldn't try 98se...xp and 2k are better OS's IMO...so go ahead and try xp again or 2k

Back