• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What processor do I have???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogeto

Registered
It might sound like a stupid question but I bought a processor off ebay. It was listed as a 1.6ghz mobile Celeron, but i dont think it is. There was a sticker on it listing replace with a compaq spare 303725-001. I did some research and the spare part number is supose to be a celeron 1.6ghz. When i recieved it it has the following markings.
SL6EX RH80532NC025512 intel 01

I boots fine and wcpuid list at a Pentium 4 1.6 with 512k cache.
With 512k cache this isnt a celeron. I try to find the spec on the intel website and no luck. If anyone can shed some light on what processor it is I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Well there is a good chance that it is a P4 if the bios shows it that way. You got yourself a good deal i think. :)

no there isnt a integrated heat spreader. The die is exposed.

can you take some pics?
some nice close ups of both sides would be good.

does cpuid give the bus speed?

are you sure these code "SL6EX RH00532NC025512 intel 01" are correct?
google reveals nothing, which is very unusual.

I yea i herd about those. I saw something on ebay where it is a celeron, but p4 based????

dont think the picts will help at all looks like any normal pentium 4 cpu with the die exposed. It cant be a celeron because of the cache size. It not a moblie pentium 4 becasue it does speed step down to 12x on a desktop board. The numbers are 100% correct, so its a big mystery to me. Only conclusion that I can think of is that I got a pentium 4 1.6A but was sold to compaq from intel as a desktop processor for their notebooks. This would explain why it doesnt have a IHS. I was hoping for a 1.6 mobile celeron to try getting 3ghz as metion in another tread. This processor craps out at 2.23 ghz 142 fsb in windows 98se, will post at 152 but not stable.

anymore update please post

Back