• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Website Commentary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frodo Baggins

Hey guys,

More than a year ago, I made an interface of a site that I wanted to put on the web for fun. Now that I have some time, it might be a good idea to get it on the web. So I'm wondering if you guys can check it out and give me some suggestions for it

Thanks...

Here's the link to a screenshot:

http://www.mothergoose.greatcookery.com/interface.jpg

Either open a new browser and paste it in or just open up the page and you'll get redirected at the last link.

BTW: suroot, if your reading this, check out the link, lol. It's hosted at webhost1000.com

edit: ALSO, I need to know. What kind of sizes should I have for the pages? An ordinary page. I'm on 33.6k so it's annoying if I run into pages with LONG download times. However, since my images are very high quality, the download times can be long (not sure). What size should each page me? About?

I think the font might look nice, but I'd haev to see it with a brighter color I think, before I could know for sure. A brighter color white might look nice there, with that font.

But regardless, I think the site looks great, and I'm curious to know what programs, if any, you used to put it together.

Frodo Baggins said:
I used adobe photoshop for the entire thing (lol!) I spent last summer working on it and now I can't remember how to work adobe!

well if you can't figure out how to change it don't worry about it. i still think the site looks great.

The only thing I will say being nit picky as I am, is that the text sorta is hard to read w/the transparent new "window" that the text is in. IMO, the font is fine just that the whole transparency part is a bit hard to read...and as long as you have the .psd's and the layers still intact it shouldnt be too hard to change the bg of it to a solid color :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Thanks guys, The text seems to be the major concern...I also had my question about the sizes:

edit: ALSO, I need to know. What kind of sizes should I have for the pages? An ordinary page. I'm on 33.6k so it's annoying if I run into pages with LONG download times. However, since my images are very high quality, the download times can be long (not sure). What size should each page me? About?

And in addition to the question, I'm wondering what sort of coding (in html?) would I use to make a transparent window. Like the scrollable kind. I want to replace the middle transparent black box with it so I can enter in news and stuff

Frodo Baggins said:
Thanks guys, The text seems to be the major concern...I also had my question about the sizes:

And in addition to the question, I'm wondering what sort of coding (in html?) would I use to make a transparent window. Like the scrollable kind. I want to replace the middle transparent black box with it so I can enter in news and stuff

do you mean Iframes? check the page on my www button. I used photoshop and sliced the images, exported into html and used iframes for the scrollable images.

Sins that's exactly what I mean, but I wanted something with different color scrollers (like black for instance)

By the way, your page is very tight! Clean, great color scheme, I love it!

Frodo Baggins said:

My question?

Also, I would really appreciate some style comments. Anything I should add? I'm definiately going to put a transparent iframe smack in the middle of the page and I think that'll look good. Anything else I should add?

Last edited:
Back