• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, Heres What I Got, What you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Virtual-Reality

Registered
I felt like a pc upgrade considering i had the cash to spend, currently i have:

Abit NF7-S V2.0 With the 1.7BIOS,

On the way to add to this i got a :
LG Flatron TFT 18.1" Flat Screen,
AMD AthlonXP 2500 "Barton" CPU Retail,
Radeon 9800 PRO 256MB,
1GB OCZ DDR Platinum PC3200 ( 2x 512MB)
Sony Multi Format DVD-RW (4X),
Vapochill Premium Edition (AMD, White)
Microsoft Wireless Desktop Professional Retail,
Antec True PSU 550W

So what you guys think of this stuff, and how will the 2500 Barton chip overclock with the Vapochill, RAM and NF7-S??

man thats some good hardware.how much are you going to spend on everything?i dont know anything about overclocking.

very nice sytem, and i guess you had a significant amount of cash? With a vapochill you should be able to get a nice oc on that 2500

Well it cost me £1800 UK Pounds :-D, yeah i had the cash, i got an inheritance u see and i wanted to squander it on something nice so i ordered this stuff :D

reckon i can get the athlon up to 3000mhz (not model rated), cus im thinking with the vapochill the processor will have plenty of cooling, but i heard it depends what stepping i get on the chip, i heard chips with certain steppings overclock better than others, however im sure that with a vapochill stepping shouldnt really matter unless the chip has a limit, cus a 3ghz athlon or possibly higher would sure be nice!!

Overclocking is part skill and part luck of the draw. Even if you have the right stepping, sometimes your chip just won't overclock because not all chips are created equal. Usually the stepping is a good indicator, but even it can fail people. Good luck I wish you the best in your endeavours. Let us know what you get.

will do mate... the stuff should arrive by tuesday hopefully if it goes through on the credit cards lol... i had to use two cards :D to ensure that they wouldnt reach their limits

Very nice system, especially with the Vapochill, however, I do agree with michaelkahl, you might have some difficulties attaining 3000mhz completely stable, however, with the Vapochill, you do have quite a good shot at it :)

Good luck with your setup :)

Well guys... on tuesday as i said it all arrives then ill be playing around with it all day :D, ill let you know the results.. i hope to obtain above 3ghz, but depends on if the chip is a good overclocker or not, however cooling isnt an issue :D

Hmm i wonder what my fps will be like in the Doom III Beta ^ ^ only time will tell, before i was getting 20-30 fps and that was with my geforce4 ti4600 which i currently have installed, this radeon will be a real treat in games such as quake3 :D and ut2003

UPDATE: First batch of stuff: The Vapochill, Antec Truepower 550W, Microsoft optical desktop pro, 18.1 TFT Flat screen, i receive tomorrow,

However on a worse note: Processor, Radeon 9800 pro 256mb, Sony Multiformat dvd-rw (4x) and the OCZ Matched 1gb pc3200 platinum ram has been delayed for 2 days due to some items being out of stock :-( nooooooooo

i will post back when the stuff arrives and is set up and then i will begin overclocking and post my results back here!

LG Cost me £337 including VAT i think, for the specs go to www.overclockers.co.uk as this is where i ordered my stuff from, goto products then monitors then tft screens and scroll down till u find the LG Flatron L1811S, then view full specification if there is one if not try the LG site, should have all the info there, dont know it off the top of my head sorry mate

Vapochill PE, Screen, PSU and wireless desktop arrived today, yipee!!! all set up and installed, except im gonna install the vapochill when the new processor comes on thursday or friday

Back