• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lagging out on a click

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD_Me

Whenever i click in Internet Explorer, CPU usage goes up to 50% on a hyperthreaded CPU ([email protected]) When I try to highlight something, it takes a few seconds to respond and the highlighting to actually show up. Sorry for my newb-ness :)

Well IE is known for it's heavy CPU usage. As for lagging on highlight, I can only think think they are using the same code as for MS office, where highlighting can also cause a delay and disk thrashing.

hahahahaha, my comp goes up to 100 percent to open IE (1.3 ghz), but my highlighting is immediate.... i don't know what could cause that

umm.... that's not natural... check for spyware... i'd suggest spybot s&d or adaware 6.

i have a pentium 2 233 that barely makes much noise with internet explorer opens and you do anything in it...

Back