• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ceramique or AS3??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCgeek

Registered
ok i'm trying to decide wat to buy ...ceramique or AS3??

I read some reviews and it seems that ceramique is better than As3... but i wanna hear ur opinions...

wat do u guys think??

i just read another thread ...and i'm really confuse..... which is better...as3...ceramique...Shin Etsu G751...or Nanotherm PCM+/EXP?????:confused: :confused:

actually, the shin etsu performs the best, but it is a total ***** to spread. Personally though i think, being the klutz that i am, that its thickness might prevent you from putting on a nice thin even coat though.

PCM+

Actually, Shin Etsu doesn't perform better than the Nanotherm PCM+. Don't tak my word for it, though. Try it yourself and compare, or check out the new review that will be posted (tomorrow, I believe) on Xtremesystems.org's Forum and www.thecrucible.ca, which will feature a shootout of 22 thermal compounds. BTW, the PCM+ is currently available through FrozenCPU, Xoxide, 3DCool and a growing number of other specialty hardware Resellers around the world.

The PCM+ is not electrically conductive - neither the PCM matrix nor the thermally conductive, electrically insulative ceramic and nano particles in the TIM.

In terms of value, you can expect many, many more applications from a 2 ml bottle of PCM+ than what you will get from a small tube of Ceramique, AS3, Shin Etsu or what have you. One small drop of PCM+ covers appr. 3 to 4 sq. in. - and there's a whole lot of drops per bottle. Great performance, great value and super-easy to apply and clean up ;)

Where do you get the Shin-Etsu stuff? Is it the same as the CoolerMaster stuff that say Shin-Etsu?

boy nanotherm if i didnt know better id say you worked for nanothrm or something... and i dont really care about how much ill only need 1 or 2 applications (i hope) and if the performance isnt significantly bettr i cant see paying double for it.

Robrules18 said:
boy nanotherm if i didnt know better id say you worked for nanothrm or something... and i dont really care about how much ill only need 1 or 2 applications (i hope) and if the performance isnt significantly bettr i cant see paying double for it.

Guilty as charged ;)

If you only need enough TIM for one or two applications, then perhaps it might not be worth spending the extra 5 bucks for a 2 ml bottle that has enough TIM for several dozen applications. We plan on making a "single-use" packet of the Nanotherm PCM+ with about 0.25 to 0.5 ml of TIM in the near future. Actually, 0.25 ml of PCM+ is more than enough material to do about 5 to 10 applications, but that's about as small a volume as can be packaged at this time.

A unit-dose pack might make sense for people, like yourself, who want to use a good TIM and don't want to spend the extra money for more compound than you need or intend to use. No fancy syringes, bottles or applicators - just a plain old "ketchup pack" that you open, use and throw away when you're done.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

schismspeak said:
nanotherm is the best, but it currently is not available, as they are out. get ceramique, it will give you comparable results.

Nanotherm PCM+ will be my next purchase! I went to cerimique from AS3 and the difference, what difference, i didn't notice anything! The cerilique is better though as it is non-conductive. I suggest you go for the PCM+

www.frozencpu.com has some

Nanotherm said:

A unit-dose pack might make sense for people, like yourself, who want to use a good TIM and don't want to spend the extra money for more compound than you need or intend to use. No fancy syringes, bottles or applicators - just a plain old "ketchup pack" that you open, use and throw away when you're done.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!!!

I kinda like the syringe type dispensers. Although I don't install my hsf every few days, I'd like to buy a product that will allow me to keep the leftover when I need it again. This isn't something that I buy and use often but if there's something significantly better, I'd be willing to try it out.

How about a smaller verison of the current bottle? I haven't seen one in person so I don't know how small that is but what if it was half the size?

-Bobby

Bobby,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback. To answer your question, the current bottle we're using is about as small as we can find at this time. Unfortunately, it's not really feasible to package the PCM+ in a syringe due the liquid nature of the material. We tried the syringe format first, but found it very difficult to dispense and meter in a controlled manner. Half the syringe winds up squirting out all over the place - and that's not a good thing :eek:

The precision dropper bottle we use is great for delivering a very precise, small droplet of PCM+, which is really all you need to cover about 3 sq. in. of surface area with a very thin, even coating. A little PCM+ really goes a long way.

We include a small plastic applicator with each bottle of PCM+ for those who don't like to get their finger into it, so to speak. The PCM+ is non-toxic, so it's not really an isssue. You will achieve a much better application using your finger (like we do), but we throw the applicator in anyway.

BTW, all of our Nanotherm thermal compounds have just been featured in a huge "shootout" review of 22 thermal compounds that just got posted today. Being a "newb", I'm sure if it's kosher-deli to mention the name of the site or URL on this Forum. If it is, please let me know and I'll post it. If not, then drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send the link to whomever would like to check it out. It's a good one ;)

I think links to reviews are allowed. Either that or there's a lot of people breaking rules here :p

Personally, I don't think the price is too bad if the product is good. I know someone pointed out that it was double that of Ceramique. Maybe since it seems like a new product, have a special on it so it gets into people's hands. AS has been around for a while and it seems to have a huge marketshare. Word of mouth here is much stronger than advertising but having a banner here might help too.

I'm a strong supporter of good products especially when the employees participate in forums like this.

-Bobby

Thanks for letting me know. The link to the new thermal compound shootout review is at http://www.thecrucible.ca/reviews/thermal/breakdown.php. This should open a few eyes and educate people about the comparitive performance of our Nanotherm materials to our competitors TIMs. Needless to say, we're quite pleased with the review ;)

BTW, the price tag for our Nanotherm PCM+ may seem a bit higher than our competition, but when you figure that a 2 ml bottle will yield probably 4 to 6 times the number of applications than comparable syringes of our competitors' TIMs, then you'll understand the PCM+ is really quite an excellent value.

Back