• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps o.k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P-nut

My idle temp is 42c and my load temp is 51c.My system is totally stable. These temps are with the 1.85 vcore that's listed in my sig.Your thoughts please.

:cool:

I think it is fine since it is stable and also around 50 C.

My concern is about the long term fan noise of your 80 mm Vantec in order to keep the temperature at that level.

hitechjb1 said:

My concern is about the long term fan noise of your 80 mm Vantec in order to keep the temperature at that level.

Hehehehe

:D

*shudder* Personally I would back off a little bit and use a quiter fan - I personally don't like temperatures any higher than 50 Degrees Celcius - and you are right on that line. The chips are made to run fine under temperatures around 65 Degrees Celcius (IIRC) - but when overclocking I feel it is usually a good idea to aim at around mid-40s max.

If you are totally stable under several different stress testers than there are no worries - except chip life expectancy ;)

The 51c load temp is while running prime95.About chip life,Hell I'm not gonna run this processor over a year and a half.2 years on a processor is to long for me.(hehe) :)

Temps are fine....does the system start getting unstable if you even drop vcore down to 1.825v?

If you can be just as stable at a tiny bit lower voltage you'll slid in under 50C running prime95.....Most games won't heat the chip up as far.

AKULA said:
Temps are fine....does the system start getting unstable if you even drop vcore down to 1.825v?

If you can be just as stable at a tiny bit lower voltage you'll slid in under 50C running prime95.....Most games won't heat the chip up as far.

I've tryed 1.825 and prime crashes.:mad: Usually games make my temp around 47 or 48c.

try 11x210? i'm pretty much in the same boat you are but with a 1700+ 46C idle/52C load F@H, 52-53C load P95....anything under 1.85 isn't stable on P95. i need a better PSU...an SLK800 would probably help, too.

are 2200+ hotter than 1700+ dlt3c's? b/c at 1.85 vcore on my 2200+ i get to 55*prime 95. will i be ok when my 1700+comes in?

hitechjb1 said:

42idle/50heavy-load is fine, I pushed mine up the other day, and that's what mine's running at right now (1.8v / 14x166.66) I would say 55-60C would be pushing it, especially considering that I've heard differing reports on A7N8X temperature reporting. When you get that high, the motherboard reporting error becomes more significant.

If that's when you're doing _Prime_, you're fine, because almost anything else, it'll be running cooler than that. It may not be pretty or quiet, but it works.

Granted, the only reason mine is anywhere _near_ 50C is because of the Comair Rotron, but it's still happy there :)

hmmm, i'm running 64 degrees under prime95 torture test on a 2500+ (oc'ed of course). is that safe to run at? or should i look into some better cooling (running a 21db LED fan with a SK-7 and a 120MM exhaust fan that comes with the sonata).

radu386 said:

42idle/50heavy-load is fine, I pushed mine up the other day, and that's what mine's running at right now (1.8v / 14x166.66) I would say 55-60C would be pushing it, especially considering that I've heard differing reports on A7N8X temperature reporting. When you get that high, the motherboard reporting error becomes more significant.

If that's when you're doing _Prime_, you're fine, because almost anything else, it'll be running cooler than that. It may not be pretty or quiet, but it works.

Granted, the only reason mine is anywhere _near_ 50C is because of the Comair Rotron, but it's still happy there :)

This post helped me breathe easier.:D :D ;)

64C die temps is a touch risky for sure. A good way to find out if it's really too hot is to let it heat up in prime95 then shut down, pop case side off and touch the HSF. If you can't keep your finger on it more than a few seconds then it's too freaking hot. :)

Low CFM fans are not a good idea for all copper heatsinks. Copper wants to hold onto heat so a slightly larger fan is in order. You can pickup a 80x25 52 CFM 42db LED fan from crazypc.com.

If noise is really a concern of yours start looking into water cooling. Very quite and very effective.

Back