• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! Cant increase multiplyer on GA 7VA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitchelson

Registered
Need HELP guys!

I just got a Barton 2500+...... and i want to overlock it on my GA 7VA and i cant seem to up the multiplier in the BIOS - there is no option. I tried CTRL F1 and still nothing. I have installed easytune4 and that wont let me either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Youve got the budget mobo in the range and unfortunately you cant change the multis. Most Gigabyte mobos use dip switches to change the multis and the VAX range is one of them. With your mobo being the lowest in the range there are no dips, im not sure but you may have the solder dots where the dips would be on the VAX and VAXP. If so then it should be possible to either solder dips on or join the solder dots with conductive paint to give the multi you want. The only other option is to alter the L3 bridges on the CPU to give a different set multi.
Hood

There IS a way other than changing it direct on the CPU, if you don't have the multi pads. This should work on all motherboards, but there is a chance the manufacturer tied some lines up or down that will stop it. What you can do is solder dip switches direct to the CPU socket pins underneath the board. The best articles I have seen on this have been for ECS K7S5A boards, if you search for "K7S5A Multi or Multiplier Mod" you should find something.

Back