• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some all copper ramsinks with fan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Anyone know of some all copper ramsinks with a fan included on them? Thermaltake makes alluminum ones with fans, and copper ones without fans, but I would like ones that are copper with fans. If anyone knows of any, let me know. Thanks!

True ramsinks are not typically mounted with a fan. The 'heatspreader' + fan that ThermalTake offers can't be considered to be a true heatsink solution.

In contrast to what you may believe, the absence of a fan is actually a good thing. The surface are of these sinks is just too small to clip a decently sized fan on. You're better off installing a proper case fan and makins sure the sinks get some airflow.
If you go this route, you can use the copper sinks that "Tweakmonster" makes:

http://www.tweakmonster.com/products/ramsinkpage.htm

... comes with shiny finished coat too. ;)

oh really? Ok then, I'll do that. I would rather of had a fan on them, but if it won't do any good then what's the point? Thanks for the info.

fafnir said:
pc133, PC133???!?!?!?

what!?!? why are you using pc133?!?!? and ram sinks???!??!

no.... save your money, and then buy a new mobo and some real ddr400 kingston valueram.....

it doesn't cost that much nowadays....

e.g. single channel nforce2 + 512mb kingston valueram

$70+$90 +160usd....

i'm sure at least you could get 160 usd if u're thinking about ramsinks.....

so GO AND BUY SOME RAM, NOT RAMSINKS....

I don't appreciate that responce. My computer runs fine thank you. And it will run fine for years to come. I will upgrade when I have the money. You should think before you say things :(

you are the smart one:D, don't worry about him anyway, im not sure on the sizing, but you can measure the size of the ram your putting it on, and then look at the size of the tweakmonsters, on the site FIZZ3 provided, and then youll know if it fits. some superglue, epoxy will work great on holding it on.

@fafnir this forum if for helping people out, not telling them what to do with thier money and when

All heatspreaders should fit all DIMMs, DDR or SDR. Ramsinks are generally used on videocards, but if you've got room around your stick of memory, more power to ya ;)

You guys are forgetting that SDRAM runs at voltages of 3.3v(I think) as opposed to DDR that runs at 2.5-3.0 typically. Once you cross 3.0v with DDR, heat actually does very often become an issue. In some cases, it may not increase your overclock, but ensure safety running at high voltages. If you're going to be overvolting memory in large degrees, ramsinks can actually be quite beneficial. This is an overclockers forum, not a tell-you-to-ditch-everything-you-own forum.

If you want to talk about economics:

New mobo and ram: $160
vs:
Ramsinks: $10 or so
Taking pride in, and enjoying your hardware: Priceless

schismspeak said:
Here are some ramsinks, they are cheaper than the tweakmosters, especially since you are gonna be doing system ram which I think requires 8-16 sinks.(That is gonna be really expensive if you get the tweakmonsters.)

8 aluminum=$4 or 8 copper=$8

Yeah, I started to realize that when I saw they were 12.99 for 4. :D That is a much better price, thx

fafnir said:
well comeon, i mean its not like that i'm telling him pointless or wrong information, i really believe that he'll get a much healthier performace boost if he got newer componets.... cause we're all about speed right?

i mean, seriously, even with the best ram cooling possible, even its four seperate coldplates with four seperate 80w peltiers cooling them, you're unlikely to be able to overclock the thing even ONE more mhz....

with more voltage, maybe, maybe maybe....

but seriously, if you really believe that its the heat from the ram thats holding you back, by all means the cheapest way to get the best possible ramsinks for the least money is to either saw apart an old heatsink and just as silver epoxy em' on, or go out and buy a piece of copper, a plate or a sheet, cut it into the size of a ramstick, drill lots of holes, and them bolt that on ur ram....

here's a review of the thermaltake ram sink kit... (the blue one)

http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/cooling/ttmemkit/

and if you keep reading it down a drop of 0.3C on idle and 0.9C on load is really really bad, and its at less than 40 celcius to begin with, so it definitely does NOT need more cooling....

ttmemkit-graph02.gif

we are past the days where we knew nothing about computers and heat and everthing that was silicon produced heat and the best possible way to do it was to slash and cut then paste a bunch of heatsinks on every flat surface there it and blow a house fan at it and watch ur computer run like twice as fast with edo ram....

no, i think we're past that,... economics is more important, where we need the thing to be CHEAP, and fast, and ENDING UP CHEAPER...

so of course i'm gonna recommend a new mobo and some newer ddr ram that STARTS OFF TWICE AS FAST....

so really, insist on that you REALLY REAALLY need better ram cooling and i'll post pics of the metal stock i'm talking about where you can get the best ram cooling for about 5 full american dollars,...

and don't tell me that you hate me cause i told you to go buy a new computer... cause i'm only trying to help....

I never said I hate you, and I am not mad that you suggested that, I am just upset because of the way you suggested that. More specifically this quote upset me, "buy a new mobo and some real ddr400 kingston valueram". I know I should buy a new mobo, but if I do that, I will need a new cpu, and ram as well, and even though they aren't that expensive, I still don't have the money for them right now. Besides, I am still going to be using this system after I upgrade so this wouldn't be a waisted investment at all.

Gautam said:
This is an overclockers forum, not a tell-you-to-ditch-everything-you-own forum.

If you want to talk about economics:

New mobo and ram: $160
vs:
Ramsinks: $10 or so
Taking pride in, and enjoying your hardware: Priceless

well said.

this member comes with an insane idea..."which i must respect"....and gets info on something he never asked in the first place.

i have more cooling than i need, and i still like the crazy-mods that folks like to do. i don't care if you wanted to mount an slk-900 on a gf2 mx400......i'd be supportive of the idea, just because...........

if i wanted to buy kiwi fruit, will i be told that the watermelon, and bananas are on sale? lmao...:rolleyes:

anyways, the 8 copper sinks for 8 bucks looks like a deal to me, and i also agree with the idea of having decent case airflow, and not using fans right on the ramsinks, as mentioned above .....

i don't know why i waste time looking for fresh asparagus at a good price, when potatos are 1.99 for 10 pounds....lol
:D

madsam said:

but it would be cool "looking"

that's reason enough for me....;)

lol :D Yep, I also want to overclock my system a little anyway, and it won't OC well at all. I am guessing it is because of heat. So I am getting an Aero 7+ and I thought I would get some Ramsinks too. I also need a HDD cooler, but I will take care of that with 15 dollars of store credit at a local PC shop :)

Back