• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech waterblocks, how do they compare?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I looked at it, but I'm having some trouble figured out the c/w of the stock 1/2" barbed 462.

I'm thinking they will be about the same from looking at it though.

sandman001 said:
I looked at it, but I'm having some trouble figured out the c/w of the stock 1/2" barbed 462.

I'm thinking they will be about the same from looking at it though.
The 5000 has a C/W of .23 at 4lpm where the 462UH (1/2" barbs) has a C/W of .26 at 4lpm. The UH version of the 462 is actually not a good performing block. The 462U block with the 3/8" OD tubing is almost as good as the 5000 as seen here: http://www.overclockers.com/articles655/index02.asp

oh alright. Thanks

Is there any reason why it performs so well with 3/8" barbs, sinbce from what I can tell, it's meant to be a high flow type block?

sandman001 said:
oh alright. Thanks

Is there any reason why it performs so well with 3/8" barbs, sinbce from what I can tell, it's meant to be a high flow type block?
Big reason. Water velocity. With the UH, the big bore holes eliminate the high water velocity to the base as occurs with the smaller hole of the U version.

oh, makes sense. Kinda like what happens witha white water, only not quite

/rambling.

Thanks man.

Back