• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AV7 333 Fastest Chip Possible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

I purchased this M/B last year. Now my XP1800 chip that I planned on jumping the bridges is the botton end. What is the fastest chip that I can install in this board with Corsair XMS2700 Memory? With Overclocking & No Overclocking?

I have been away from the computer stuff for over a year.

Thanks,

Pat:)

Welll, depending on what revision and BIOS you have will play a big part on what will run on this mobo. Check Asus' site for your revision to see what they say. IMO though, I wouldn't try to get a 333fsb cpu like the Barton. I've seen too many hit or misses with compatability. I even hosed two of these mobo's BIOS' trying to OC with a 2100+ Tbred, the reason I moved on to my current mobo. I believe the 2400+ is the safest and highest chip that all revisions support and would be leary of trying super high overclocks at 2.2ghz+, my recommendation.

Unless you have a rev2 mobo, I'd recommend getting a XP2100 tbred b chip. They'll o/c to about the same speed as a XP2500 barton, sometimes even higher w/ very good cooling.

Agread, my chips isn't the best i fear but i still get 2GHz (12x166) out of her, and thats with a maxed out a7v333 raid board and a zalman cooler (not known for its amazing cooling, but its near silent opperation).

If i ever get round to getting an nforce2 ultra board i will see if the bottleneck found on fsb is the chip or the cheap memory!!!

Back