• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temple of Elemental Evil

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AGampher

Anybody heard/seen anything about this? I am a huge D&D/Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale fan and am very excited for the "next generation" forgotten realms game. Hopefully it's not another NWN. :(

http://www.troikagames.com/toee.htm

Edit: See post below for my *short* review.

Last edited:
Well, NWN was designed with multiplayer mods in mind. It was mostly designed FOR that. This, as with the BG series, is being designed with the intent of singleplayer.

I just wish the company that did Baldur's Gate was doing it, that is the best single RPG in my opinion......and I can't even beat it due to broken discs. Oh well, at least we're getting Star Wars KOTOR from them soon.

This game looks good too, but I hope it's long enough.

oddly over the winter months my friends and I played this campaign (pen and paper) when our DM worked it into our current game. Took us about 3 weekends to finish and was quite fun, if it's anything like that I'll defiantely get it :)

I was actually disappointed with the NWN game. I thought it would have been alot more like the Icewind Dale series was.
I'll definantly be excited if this game is like Baldur's Gate.

Just bought it over the weekend.

This game is about as bug infested as a road-side motel.

The graphics rock, but what does that matter when half the quests are broken and you don't even have a description of what your sword does? The turn-based combat has a Fallout feel to it, which I enjoyed. The game DOES follow the module and 3.5 rules very closely, but as a game it needs some SERIOUS polish. Buy it in a patch or two.

They need to make a Baldur's Gate 3 and use the ToEE engine. Now THAT would be sweet.

I've been playing it off and on for a couple of weeks now, and haven't noticed any bugs. The reason it has that Fallout feel to it is because it was built on a modified Fallout engine.
I have not gotten very far yet (characters are only 2nd level) but I know for a fact that this game is HUGE.

Back