• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Would You Do, Part Two" -RIAA suing people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cirrus

Didn't find thread concerning article mentioned in subject so I started one:

I wanted to comment bit about Ed's comments about EU and it's policy towards p2p

If you live in the EU, expect to see anti-copying laws in force within the next couple years. The EU is no friend of P2Ping.

It's very hard for me to see that EU would give a civil organization, like RIAA, right to access ISP records. That I think will remain as a major difference. It will be very hard for any organization identify people doing p2p therefore it's very hard to sue anyone here. If they want to do something they really need to involve police to get any information and therefore make it a criminal case also. In criminal case burden of proof is higher as Ed mentioned. And the fact that police funding is at crisis here at Finland for example it is very hard for me too see any kind of p2p manhunt here. For example Helsinki police narcotics department had to stop working nightshifts for summer because no funds...

I always also thought that USA is very strict on privacy things and etc. Therefore Í can't understand howcome the court gave RIAA to access to ISP data. However I understood that this right will still be assessed in supreme court sometime in future?

--
Cirrus

Back