• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Etching paper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorilan

has anyone seen a type of etching paper that can be run through a printer ?
i think that normal etching paper might be waxy andmay clog printer jets up and may prevent ink from sticking.
was wondering if anyone has seen etching paper made for this kind of thing

I don't know about Inkjet printers, but, if you can print it out on a Laser printer, or, make a copy (using a copier) you could try what they suggest on this site..

Good luck

What exactly is etching paper?
Not meaning to mess up your thread and all, just curious, and may be able to help.

NeverMind, I get it now. I just use a sharpie and a wooden ruler. Neat method listed on that page palee linked....

Last edited:
I believe what he is referring to is like a rub-on transfer. He wants to print onto this transfer paper, then rub the trace onto the PCB. If you have ever mad a Printed Circuit Board (PCB), you know what I'm talking about.

FYI. When I was a kid, you could buy books with these rub transfer things in them. You would rub them onto the pages to make a story or picture..

palee72 said:
FYI. When I was a kid, you could buy books with these rub transfer things in them. You would rub them onto the pages to make a story or picture..

I faintly remember those... and the 'just add water' paint books too. :)

Back