• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK900 & PentiumIV 2.6c temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

Just installed a SLK900 using the PentiumIV retention brackets and applied a thin layer of AS3. Current temps are around 46°C idle, 58°C stressed (max was 62°C after playing UT2K3 for quite a while)

Running an PAPST 8412NGL 80mm on it (blowing air ON the heatsing, 2 80mm fans sucking air out at the back and one sucking air in, in front of the harddrives

Are these normal temps? I am running the 2.6c at 3.25ghs (333ram/250fsb) with a 1.575 volt on the cpu.

What motherboard is it?

I have a SLK-900U and a 92mm 2600RPM fan cooling a 2.4C o/ced to 3.12GHz and I get idle temps of 30C and 39-40C running 2 Prime95. I didn't use the retention brackets. I used the screw in way.

I run a 2.6 @ 3.3 on an Abit IS7-G with a SLK-900U & a 92mm Panaflo on my second machine & I get around 35-39 idle & about 40-46 at load but I almost NEVER get above 50 even after hours of LAN partying. 1st of all you need to ditch the retention bracket like Chuck said I think the screw in method gets MUCH better contact. It may also depend on what mobo you have as some boards report higher temps than others.

I have a MSI-NEO2LS

installed the motherboard in my watercooling rig now (modded koolance) which cools both the cpu AND a 9800pro and I get idle temps of around 39°C and stressed around 49°C (it IS kinda warm in here now though...outside temp is about 25°C!!)

hey,
the abit is7 and ic7 motherboards have crap thermal sensors.
do not trust them. they read high. i have an ic7 myself and i read that they use an i/o chip to calculate what the approximate temperature should be... so its not accurate at all.
my friend with an slk800 gets the same temps as me with my retail heatsink (same exact computer setup)

max

yup. The Abit IC-7 and IS-7 series of motherboards have the tendency to read temps way to high (as much as 10 degrees celcius) so take it with a pinch of salt.

they probably have similar temp censors..
OR
hm.. with water temps seem better.. i dont think u should worry about it now.. 49c load is decent. could be better. but decent.

max

yeah, but yesterday, temp under load went as high as 60°C !!! which i do NOT think is ok, or is it?

I live in Belgium, it's about 20°C here in my room, so not exactly hot. I'm VERY sure I applied the heatsink as I'm supposed to (I assembled about 100 pc's over the last 3 years so I know :))

But the thing is, it keeps reporting pretty high temps. I know my Radeon 9800pro generates quite a bit of the case-heat, but it seems all temps reported by bios are quite high (temps after booting the pc, was turned off all night : cpu 39°C, sys 38°C, northbridge 42°C)

A good idea would be to check over at the MSI forums. I know quite a few people frequent the boards there.

GL!

Back