• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865PE : wrong tomps (even with 1.3 bios) ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

Hi,

My koolance setup has been reporting pretty high temps lately (CPU200 cooler & gpu cooler on radeon9800pro). I'm getting around 44°C idle and 55°C stressed (PIV 2.6c oc 3.25ghz).

Today, I tried fitting the mainboard in a new case with a SLK900u cooler and 4 casefans, and temps were even higher!! Stressed went up to about 65°C!!!

Is there a problem with the temp readings on the 865PE (NEO2-LS) ? Even with the 1.3 bios installed...

Interesting. I wrote Intel and they replied that my 59 degrees was within limits for the 2.4C. I even went higher after a round of Serious Sam II. Lowered the voltage from 1.525 to 1.5 and my temp has been stable at 47. Dunno. Still feels high.Funny card. ATI VE hangs after 10 minutes with this board.

tried both. pc alert shows me 42°C idle now (it's 26°C here in my room). system temp is 41°C (northbridge + 9800pro + cpu cooled with Maze4 components in same circuit with 1x120mm RAD)

lapino said:
tried both. pc alert shows me 42°C idle now (it's 26°C here in my room). system temp is 41°C (northbridge + 9800pro + cpu cooled with Maze4 components in same circuit with 1x120mm RAD)

Doesn't sound right. Mine idles at around 34-36'c, but runs at 45-50'c when running.

lapino said:
Hi,

Today, I tried fitting the mainboard in a new case with a SLK900u cooler and 4 casefans, and temps were even higher!! Stressed went up to about 65°C!!!

Do not !! use any plastic round parts , if your setup is with the use of the base plate .
Thats not my words , look in the Thermalright site , this info is almost hiden , and availiable in the parts list of the SLK900 .

My SLK900 was not totaly flat , i had to lap it with 1500 grid .

Hey I have the same issues with my set-up it runs in weird temp ranges on idle I get about 37-42C and on load 50-55C it does get up too 65C and it does seem to thottle down alot on volts.

With my new cooler I thought I be home free with 29-30C range Lmao Iam no where near it.

I have two exhaust case fans one side ex. and one Tt adjustble intake fan which can do 6500rpm and it's very loud, I have one 120mm or 90mm fan don't know which size, but its darn big, blowing cool air from the intake fan towards my Zalman and it's cold to the touch at the base of it.

Well I say my temps are way off because of my Oc with the 2.8B cpu at 3.5ghz. I have probs running it at 3:4 ratio because my NB gets damn hot 58-62C and I can really know it's hot by touching it. :mad: It's cool at the 4:5 ratio for now till I pick a new cpu up sometime.:cool:

Back