• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woo hoo! softmod worked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thalzaar24

softmod.gif

So i got my new Sapphire 9500np today after class. Opened it up, ahh, what a beauty. Check the RAM on the card, Infineon 3.3ns, sweet! so i install it and decided on whether to install the regular drivers, but figured, what the heck, let's go for the gold first off! Used the newest Omega drivers, and just had it install the hack for me, reboot, check the display properties, BAM! 9800 core.

ok, so that's half the battle, load up my 3dmark2k1, no checkerboards! ahhh, feels good to catch a break for a change :D I haven't tried overclocking it yet. My 3dmark score is rather low, but i have crap for a motherboard and only pc-133 ram, so it's holding me back for sure. only scored 11k marks. my roommate has a 9700pro and he got 13k, so i think i can catch him with a little o'clocking and maybe a mobo/ddr ram upgrade ;)

Anyhow, wanted to rejoice and let you guys know another softmod working. BTW, if anyone wants to order one, i got mine from allstarshop.com. Cost me $135 after shipping, so not a bad bargain for a kick *** card :attn:

Nice, arn't you glad you chose that card now?

What I'm interested in is the fact the the Omega driver is showing the VPU as a 9800. If anyone knows wether there is a difference between the W1zzard hack and the Omega in relation to this I would be very interested in knowing.

If not.....then I will just have to test that myself.

Anyways Congrats :p

Great to see another successful mod. I also use the Omega drivers and it shows as a 9800pro for chip.
I never tested the W1zzard hack but based on reading various threads it makes no difference performance wise which mod you use.

Back