• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i didn't know you can unlock PIV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

according to this guy, it's possible?? hmmm

http://messagebrd.westwood.ea.com/cgi-bin/boards/gen/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=004875

lol if it leaked I wouldnt use it now would I? I never tryed changing the FSB,because I figure 800mhz is more then enough. I Unlocked the Mutipliers, and changed them, and made a Minor bost to the voltage. After I hit 4.0 i had to change voltage, cpu wasnt getting enough juise. I reclocked it at 3.0 tho, the extra 1.2 ghz doesnt do didly squat in most of my games, give you a little better performance in doom 3 and unreal 2, but other then that other games wont use the excess speed, so I was only waisting milage on the cpu.

is he misinformed or am I??

he was misinformed.

changing your multiplier might show in bios when you select it but it won't change when you restart the computer. :)

he's even using an Intel board
from what i've heard about Intel boards(i never owned one) is that they are not overclockable

sangapski said:
he's even using an Intel board
from what i've heard about Intel boards(i never owned one) is that they are not overclockable

lol.:pMy old Gateway had an Intel board, and no, you could not change the multi, or the FSB for that matter. He's a big grandé fibber.

I like the part about him hitting 4 Ghz with stock voltage on his Thermaltake 7. That's pretty funny.

It's possible. You just need a tunnelling electron microscope, a laser with a narrow beam, a Phd, a clean room, and Intel helping you. Even then you have basically no clue how to do it.

(In other words, no.)

Unless he has an Engineering sample is he a dirty little liar.

Back