• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ALK-900U and the CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

when I got this heatsink yesterday, the box felt like it has a cinderblock in it... sucker is HEAVY!!! (for a heatsink anyway)

...so what I'm asking is, howesily can soemthing like that (SLK-900U) crush the CPU core , if at all.... ive been waiting 4 weeks for my setup and i dont want to ruin the moment by crushign teh CPU while installing the HS :D

Any input would be great :cool:

The SLK-900U heat sink as well as the SLK800-U can be screwed down gently to touch and contact the CPU surface evenly, and securely tightened to the board, by tightening the four screws successively quarter turn at a time for each, until tightened (or even smaller fractional turn at the end of the tightening). Due to the more than 500 gram mass, the SLK-800U/900U are much better than those heat sinks with clips, with which require more stresses and force to secure. Of course, one would not want to drop or hit or stress at an angle onto the chip surface in any cases.

Last edited:
They use a support plate that goes underneath the MB, it then is secured by 4 screws, that have little plastic washers, as not to crush the MB, or short out against the MB.

Back