• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 1700+ seems to be running real hot..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

I have my 1700+ running at 2.32ghz @ 1.7v... (11x210) and Sandra shows my cpu temp at 48C...

This is very hot for my speed/voltage right? I have an slk-800 with smartfan 2. I'm pretty sure I put on the as3 correctly. Could it rise THIS high just because I only have one 60mm exhaust fan and four 80mm intakes? I see people with temps like 35 and stuff.. and that's what I get stock speed.. :(

you should not compare with other temperatures, they might have a/c or not, most likely a different motherboard which deviates the temperature -/+ 10 C. I used to get 44 C. idle with an SLK-800 @ 3000 rpms. Now with watercooling i get 35-37 C., and some people say it's hot, so compare the SLK-800 with some other HSF with your setup. You should switch 2x 80mm intakes to exaust in the front if possible, you want to maintain the same CFM's going in and out, should help.

that could be it, but in general dont compare someone else's temperatures with yours, even though it says 48 C., it might be reporting it higher, a common thing with nforce2 motherboards.

What are your system specs?

That would be a great start for us to help you. :)

You should try other programs to view your temperatures such as Motherboard Monitor where you can pick your sensor. Sandra has been known to give inaccurate/false readings.

Also, you do need an equal amount of intake and exhaust. So if all the four 80mm fans are the same, set two to intake, and two to exhaust and you'll get the full effect of the airflow, then ditch the 60mm as it'd create uneven airflow.

PS, is your TT Smart Fan 2 on low, med or high?

well my info is in my sig :)

and for some reason, MBM5 doesn't say anything in any of the sensors, just 0 degrees for 1,2,3. dunno why.. maybe I don't have a thermometer thing under the heatsink?

my smartfan is..... I have no clue. The speed control doesn't even work anymore. I tried turnin the knob and it just stays at full speed (so it seems)

My 4 intake fans are on the bottom-side of the case and in the bottom-front... But when I acquire the right tools.. i will drill a 120mm hole on top so I can have my wonderful 121cfm exhaust flow.

Last edited:
you didnt configure mbm5 to your hardware monitoring chip. if possible compare the bios idle temperatures to sandra at idle and if they differ, then dont use it.

Back