• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE and Outlook problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stevo13

I am using IE6 on Win98 and when I try to submit forms that have more than a couple of fields, IE crashes on me. Outlook takes a while to load...even to bring up reply windows. What's going on???

EDIT: :p...

Last edited:
If the fix does not work then run a repair of your IE6.

Are you using OE or regular outlook?

If you are using OE (Outlook Express) the repair install will also repair OE.

If you are running OUTLOOK then run your office CD and run the repair option.

He has OE. How do you run the repair in Win98? Add/Remove Programs?

Zoilo said:
He has OE. How do you run the repair in Win98? Add/Remove Programs?

oops sorry that can only be done in I think 2000 and higher but he can download IE 6.0 SP1 again and run the install and it will ask him if he would like to reinstall.

I do this alot doing OE tech support at work and it usually clears up all problems.

that sucks

Try running a scandisk to see if you have any corruption

Then run spybot search and destroy & Adaware and see if any spyware is eating your resources

if that doesnt work then you may be looking at a reformat.

Hmmm...reformatting sucks. Especially when you lose things that you want to keep, but can't because you can't access them..

I just came into the room to see if anyone else was experiencing any IE troubles lately. There are a slew of people I know who are having problems with their IE6 after the latest round of upgrades.

Not ten minutes ago I had to delete the ntuser.dat file for an end user of mine, remove their profile from the computer they work on, and have them log in again. That fixed the problem which leads me to believe there's some corruption going on in the .dat's.

Try to roll back IE to pre-SP1 or remove any recent windows updates for IE you've installed.

Wedo

Back