• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone with a dlink router here wanna tell me how to forward ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

im thinkin about gettin the dlink router... since my friend has one. i went into his routers bios and it looks confusing.. i have a netgear rt314 that finally gave up for good it seems so could anyone with a dlink make some screenshots and show me kindof?

thanks

max

Go to http://192.168.0.1/

Then on the left, click Configuration.

Then click 'Port Redirection'

If you're serving websites, you need to forward port 80, and if you're running an FTP server, then it's port 21 that you need to forward.

Blueacid

Actually to tell you the truth, my Dlink 604 router came with absolutely no instructions other than how to set it up to obtain an IP address and how to get it online and to set up passwords. To get to the port forwarding on mine, you have to go to advanced and then click on virtual server and enter your information that way. Dlink has instructions on their website how to do these things since my router came with nothing about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the router because of this, but it is just something that you shuold think about.

There's usually a pdf manual on the cd that comes with the router. Also, the firmware usually has help tips as you go.

-Bobby

Mike2002 said:
Actually to tell you the truth, my Dlink 604 router came with absolutely no instructions other than how to set it up to obtain an IP address and how to get it online and to set up passwords. To get to the port forwarding on mine, you have to go to advanced and then click on virtual server and enter your information that way. Dlink has instructions on their website how to do these things since my router came with nothing about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the router because of this, but it is just something that you shuold think about.

i've got the same router, it works well but D-Link's firmware is horribly bad. You should be able to figure it out though, D-Link calls port forwarding "virtual servers".

pummer said:

i've got the same router, it works well but D-Link's firmware is horribly bad. You should be able to figure it out though, D-Link calls port forwarding "virtual servers".

yup, took me about a week to figure that out :(...thier tech support is not that great either :(

i had to open ports for operation flashpoint...was hell!

Back