• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier Locked!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Hi all,

I thought I heard that the nForce2 boards could automatically unlock CPU's. I know that I can LOWER my multiplier from the default 12.5, but when I try to raise it to 13 (even with lowered FSB so that the overall frequency is LOWER than original), it will never boot (it just boots up as a 966 or some crap like that). Do I have to unlock the CPU? I didn't think I did, but please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

They can only unlock multipliers under 12.5. Anything higher has to be hard set in the bridges. One you hit 12.5 you will have to raise the FSB if you want to go higher.

-Rav

The Abit NF7 (non and +) rev 2.0's will unlock the CPU's up to either 15 or 16...depending on what your default multi. is...since they can read the 5th Fib...other then that...you will have to mod the CPU to achieve over 12.5...

And actually all Tbreds and bartons will be unlocked on 99% of all MB's that support them...

Back