• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you overclock on a P4P800 Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vexx

I can overclocked if I use the AI but if I switch it to manual I don't know what to do.. ive overclocked before on my celeron but this seems way different any help please?

I have the board and just set the setting to manual then you can change the FSB by pressing the + and - signs on your keyboard. You can also change the FSB:RAM ratio to 320MHz and 266MHz.

First you want to lock the AGP, set the AGP speed to 66mhz. Then try Timings of 2-3-3-6 or so and set the RAM speed to 320mhz, then slowly raise the FSB. Check the ram with memtest along the way as you raise the FSB and run prime95 as well to make sure it is stable. Once you start getting errors, raise the memory voltage a little (don't go over 2.8V), or back off the FSB a little until they disappear. I would leave the CPu core voltage alone. Go through the whole bios and familiarize yourself with what settings are available and how to get to them. If you don't know what something is and the manual can't explain it, ask on www.asusboards.com or search there. There's lots of info on that forum and you can copy other peoples settings to try and get the same overclock they did.
Oh, get PCProbe to monitor the temp of your asus board, it should have come with the board, if not you can download it, do a quick search on google and you'll find it. Watch your temps. 30C is low, 50C is a little on the high side, 70C is the danger zone.

Back