• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fastest bp6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sappo

What's the record for the fastest abit bp6 ever? i think that was my fav motherboard ever. i held onto it for maybe 9 months and actually sold it on ebay for a profit!

sappo said:
What's the record for the fastest abit bp6 ever? i think that was my fav motherboard ever. i held onto it for maybe 9 months and actually sold it on ebay for a profit!

I *think* Celly 533s are the fastest that will go into it - Im not sure. I only jumped into SMP rigs when I got my dual XP1700 (@ XP2100) system.

i think 533mhz was the most you could squeeze out of it when in spec. but many people were able to run their 366 @ 605 (110x 5.5).. but as fate would have it, a company called powerleap was able to put in adapters so that it could run P3's, so the fastest configuration would have to be with a p3.

Agree with sappo, however, it is only possible to use one P3 in the BP6 without any modification (other than the powerleap); to use two, the motherboard requres heavy modification and stability is compromised a little...

Back