• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheArtfulDodger

Registered
I have a 900mhz Celeron and im having trouble overclocking it in my bois it says it can go up to 132.. But it will only but if i have it set to 119 or below. I was wondering if some one could explain or give me some documents to help me understand overclocking better.

One thing...what memory are you using...this might be a memory issue more then a CPU issue...

Also...what motherboard are you running?

If using PC100...most PC100 ram limit is between around 118 to 125...depending on the maker...and the timings you are setting it at...

Now my old 900 would max out at 125FSB..this wasn't the memory limit...but the CPU's limit...

Si Sandra...go to motherboard information and scroll down...you will see "Memory Module(s)"...there it should tell you what type it is...PC100, PC133...and at what CAS and FSB it will run at...

example: CAS2 up to 133 - CAS 2.5 up to 167Mhz - CAS 3 up to 187Mhz...this is for DDR, not SDRAM...but you should see something like this...

If you only see it going up to 100FSB...then you have PC100...if you see it going up to 133...then it will be PC133...

Back