• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help tweaking RAM settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi guys, I had my new setup for some time now and found that my max stable o/c is 262 FSB and not a notch higher.
Well now that I know that I can't go any higher with my CPU and FSB I'm looking into tweaking my RAM and here is where I need your help :D

I have P4 2.6c Costa Rica
2x256 RAM TwinMos PC3200 CL2.5
IC7
w/c on CPU
Zalman modded NB

I have my RAM settings set to 2.5-7-3-3
Gaming options set to Auto except for last 2 which are disabled.

I thought of lowering all the numbers untill I find the lowest-most stable one. But I need to know what is too low and what I shouldn't try... ( Especially in gaming options ) I have 1.4 BIOS ( 1.5 one gave me trouble )

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

These TwinMOS sticks are rated at 2.5-3-3-7 at 400mhz (200FSB).

The best you could do is 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-6, depending on which of those tests out to be faster.

Here is at least one review that achieves that, at 466Mhz; not bad!

http://thecrucible.ca/reviews/twinmos/overclocking.htm

For your FSB, you could either run 4:5 (420Mhz RAM) or 1:1 (524Mhz). The latter is definitely too much to ask at those timings.

Thanks a lot mate... I was quite afraid to lower the settings by much. I run 5:4 divider and it is 420 MHz on Memory I recon. I'll try lowering Cas settings as soon as I get home from work ( 6 hours from now :( )

Anyone have any info on Gaming settings and their impact on performance ?

Thank you for your time!

BTW Fizz3 you I luuv your avatar! May I ask what the quote in your sig means?

Melhisedek said:
Thanks a lot mate... I was quite afraid to lower the settings by much. I run 5:4 divider and it is 420 MHz on Memory I recon. I'll try lowering Cas settings as soon as I get home from work ( 6 hours from now :( )

Anyone have any info on Gaming settings and their impact on performance ?

Thank you for your time!

You're welcome. I don't know what the "gaming options" refer to. It sounds like a pre-set timing scheme with a comprehensive name to ease tweaking. Maybe you could simply benchmark a couple of settings there by hand.

BTW Fizz3 you I luuv your avatar! May I ask what the quote in your sig means?

Thanks! It's difficult for me to translate the quote in English... but it's "Eenieder is zichzelf het naast" in Dutch, which very crudely translates to "One is closest to oneself", in the sense of "caring most about". Does that make it any clearer? :)
I carry it as a slightly ironic observation, not as a motto, by the way hehe.

Back