• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingK@zor

Registered
Sapphire Radeon 9500 Atlantis 128MB DDR. I have ordered this card and will receive it beginng of next week. I have read in some threads that it´s possible to mod this card to become a 9700. It´s sounds unreal bit if it´s true could someone please tell me how it´s done or give me a link on where to find some info about it.

KK

Well look up and to the right.............. its called a SEARCH button. And don't say you used it............... there are 100's threads about turning a 9500 to a 9700 (search the ATI area for the most info). But just to keep is simple..... you need a 9500 non-pro, L shaped memory and alot of the times it does not work for people.......

to be modded to a 9700 the card must at least have the 128mb of memory in an "L" shaped configuration on the board. If it does not have this configuration then you can still try for a 9500pro mod.

the soft mod can be accomplished by using the driver patch from wizzard or rivatuner and also by using drivers the omega drivers if i am not mistaken.

the hard mod requires a little conductive ink on the gpu chip and a bios flash

Back