• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdimm...when to raise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sometimes raising the dimm voltage will allow you to tighten memory timings at a given FSB.

After you go through overclocking and hit errors in prime95 or booting into windows. Narrowing the problem down by running the memory at different async frequencies will help, as will backing off the CPU oc. It is hard to completely and comprehensively OC a system to the max as there are several variables not limited to FSB, CPU, cooling, mem, voltages and PCI buses. The best you can do is find the limits of each of your components in turn, in this case memory and bump until it gets to ridiculous voltage levels.

Get a number for the max your memory can do with ordinary voltage, increase the voltage, run memtest86, if no errors then increase FSB in say 3mhz increments until memtest generates errors. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I really should make a flow diagram of the OC algorithm lol.

Nevermind, the stock Vdimm is 2.6.... will raising it help prevent 100000 errors i get in memtest86 LOL ? or do i have to back down on the FSB to get rid of the errors and how much of a problem will the errors cause?

Back