• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

I just ordered some new components....mainly some nice ram a 2.4c and an IS7. They should be in soon. But the question i have is to mess with onboard sound or to use my old SB Live value card (i know it rocks.) i dont mind the sound coming out of my SB card one bit (i know there is much better out there, i just havent heard it yet to notice the difference). basically i want to know if the onboard sound will sound much better and will i take a performance hit if i do use it. i have the card so i might as well use it, unless someone convinces me otherwise that it is horrible and should be pitched (and that onboard wont eat my CPU cycles for sound that isnt noticably differenent than my SBlive).

I have read that using onboard sound uses some of your processor's resources when running. This might bring your game fps down around a few fps - around 10 fps. I think the sound quality for both onboard and sblive are around the same so... if you got the extra pci slots to use put that sblive in :D

Back