• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd "unstability"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I've never seen this before but maybe someone else has. All I did was raise the multi from 11 to 11.5 and vcore to 1.98v taking me to 2366mhz. It primed for a few hours just dandy. So I get on and I'm working in MAX with this forum open in the background, and winamp playing the "lovage" cd from heavy. (damn good cd btw) All of a sudden the system won't register any mouse clicks, and the screen gets quite a bit brighter. Music's still playing, and then eventually it makes a BEEP noise from the speakers and it totally locks up. Music was still playing until I shut it down. I backed it down to previous settings and its going ok now. I've never seen the bright screen incident before. My 9700pro was at default clock as well. I do remember that when I was moving between 205 and 213fsb with mem in sync, the system crashed and needed a reboot from windows. When I got back in it blamed it on the 9700pro for some reason.

The fsb is only at 205 and vdd is 1.85v.

Ach, this time I was working at normal speeds (11x205) and the monitor lost signal but didn't turn off. I just checked the psu with a voltometer and all the rails read almost perfect while priming and running 3dmark at the same time. (though this did lock the comp up). I wish it would stop pretending to be stable one time and then unstable the next!! It was just fine a few hours ago. I'm going to really stress the memory with memtest again, at these settings and maybe higher.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys.

I found in memtest test #10, the corsair pc3200 produces a few errors at 205fsb. The kingston pc3500 checks out. I thought corsair would overclock at least 5 mhz. :rolleyes:

Back