• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

entry level pelt kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ciffer

does anyone know of an entry level pelt kit that could be upgraded, not something like thermaltakes' pelt kit

You will need to build you own, but it shouldnt be too bad.

Find a good quality power supply (not a computer power supply, a bench power supply)- good deals can be found on ebay.

Then look for a pelt in the 100-226w range (higher= better)

you really dont need a kit.

Are you already water cooling?
It really makes no sense to air cool a pelt these days.

i am getting a watercooling kit as soon as i can find a big radiator that i can mount in my xaser 3 case, i am looking at the swiftech high performance watercooling kit but i am try to avoid moding my case so i can mount 2 120mm fans if possible

I wouldnt get a kit.

Usually they are over priced and under performing.

A WC system consists of so few parts, it makes more sense to select them individually.

If you need to cool a 226W TEC think like heatercores. As I've heard first hand no Black Ice product really handles a TEC like a decent heatercore.

I also must say much like nealric, there is no "entry level" when it comes to high power TECs, and no "kit" that will "do it" as good as hand picked parts. High power TECs reqiure high end cooling, no less, or you'll be a bit disapointed with your "cold temps".

heatercore like car radiator? and if no kits exist for pelts then what will i need to buy and how do i assemble it?

Back