• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega driver ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Byrus

Registered
I just got a new 9500np from Newegg and installed the new omega drivers. Everything is working great, but under adapter the chip type is showing up as a Radeon 9800 agp (0x4144).
Does anyone know if that's the way it's suppose to show up?
I'm using the hacked drivers by the way. I also tried the older 2460 omega drivers, but the chipset still says 9800.

Well I just ran 3dmark 2003 and scored over 4800 with my 1700Tb only clocked at 2200mhz. So I guess that answered my question. :)

I just ran 3dmark 2001 and only scored 13648 at the same fsb and cpu speed my 4600 scored over 14000. What's up with this.

mmm perhaps because the omega drivers a geared far more by quality than performance. Although, that does sound a little low :confused:

A 9500np is worse than a GF4Ti4600. 9500pros are on par, but np are not. Sorry to tell you your upgrade is more of a downgrade - or maybe an evengrade at best.

As for showing up as a 9800 the reason for that happens is you picked the hacked drivers in the Omega install. All they do is provide optomised paths or something like that - but they do NOT turn the card into a 9800pro. Also, since the Cat 3.4's these optomised paths are available to all cards so the hack is useless.

--Illah

Illah, The reason I bought this card is because my 4600 has a internal short. Also with the omega drivers I scored 4900 on 3dmark2003, and that blows my 4600 out of the water. By the way I tried wizards hack and now I'm all smiles.

Alot of the GF4's lack in 2003 is that they don't have hardware DX9 support - not that they're THAT slow. An FX5200 is pretty crappy but just because it can run some tests, no matter how low the FPS, it may add up to a higher score.

--Illah

melon_stunner said:
Try Wizzard's hack.
BYRUS the 3dmark2003 should be renamed to atimark2003, if you bought the ati card for a benchmark result you bought it for the wrong reason. I have a gf4ti4600 and a ait9700pro, by all means the ati card blows the gf4 away, but my ati card scores over 5000 on atimark and gf4 scores 2000 and its not 2 1/2 times better. ALLEN

Back