• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD build will Kingston HyperX RAM really help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nasdaq

I'm building a AMD PC with a 1700+ DUTC3 T'bred "B" processor and a Soltek mobo. To cool the PC I'll be using a Thermalright SK-7 with a Thermaltake Smart Fan II.

This week a retailer has the Kingston HyperX PC3500 RAM on sale for $49 after MIR and I'm wondering is it worth the cost in order to get two sticks for my PC? Will I really be able to tell the difference between Hyper X and the PC2700 I plan on putting in it?

Then I know what I must do. I must O/C my new processor like crazy using the PC3500 Kingston HyperX RAM. I read somehwere that the Kingston HyperX 2.6volt RAM has problems, is that true?

It did on a few NF2 MB's...abit I know of...rev 2.0 only...heard it had some problems on the new rev 2.0 8RDA+'s...but those problems have been solved...and if you really want to OC that 1700...get a SLK-800...with a Tt2 fan...

Will a SK-7 and a TT Smart Fan do? I already have the PC2700 and it was ready to install then I saw the deal on the Kingston HyperX PC3500 and decide to wait. If I get the Kingston I'll just sell the other RAM to a friend that is in need of some.

the sk-7 will do OK...might not reach the 2.4 or 2.5 area with that HS thought...but if given a choice on keeping the HS and fan and getting the PC3500...then get the PC3500...

Back