• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what chips are not locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremly cool

Registered
hey i plan on getting a abit nf7-s rev 2.0 board and a Athlon 2500+ and i was wondering if this chip can be overclocked and how much i can overclock that chip

please some advice
thanks

well on average...you should get around 2.2+...but this will also depend on the stepping and cooling and PSU and if you are getting the 266 or 333...the 266 OCes better then the 333 does...

And as for your title...every Tbred and Barton will be unlocked on that MB...and since it reads the 5th FIB...you will have up to 16x multiplier selection without having to mod the CPU...

cooling in not a problem it will be cooled by a mini fridge of my disign so the temps will be 1c or 2c and i plan on getting the 333 fsb because i have 333 ddr ram

and the psu is a antec 350 smart power

The 2500 333 will not OC has high as the 266's...the 266's will OC 100Mhz+ more then the 333's...and the 266's will still run well past 333Mhz ;)...so if you want a OCer...then go with the 266 version...and don't worry about matching the ram to the CPU...

actually...it is either the same or a few dollars more...but either way...a better OCer then the 333Mhz 2500...

Back