• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any CPU you wanted????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

I can have any CPU I want(b-day present:D ) up to and and including the 3000+...so what should I get??? I know which ones are best for overclocking but in the end which one is going to be the best?? the 3000+ 400MHz version????? I like this

Well if you can get any CPU you want i'd get a 3000+ 400Mhz.

If you can get a cpu and a cooling solution i'd get a 2500+ and a nice HSF for some good overclocking.

Definetly the Xp3000+ 400FSB, if your not paying for it miteaswell get the best :) . Your talkin 2500Mhz @1.8V (yesterday posts a guy is running this) . He was running it on air , Imagine with water cooling & a little more Vcore.....

YOU already look like you have a Great CPU.. IF i were you i'd spend that 300 on Cooling and maybe a HOT case some lights.. =d but thats just me hehe.. Having a cool looking comp is quite nice ;x

Yeah, I'd have to say the CPU you already have is decent. Why don't you ask for a Video Card instead. You could use an upgrade there. For the price of that 3000+, you could get a 9800 Non-Pro and a decent cooling upgrade.

The 3000+, or the 3200 if they'll let you. He didn't say that they would just give him a wad of cash to spend on whatever. He said they'd buy him any cpu. So why tell him to get a 1700 or 2500. These 3000+'s already start at 2.1-2.2ghz, so thats around 400mhz you don't have to overclock and stress the cpu out for. It starts you half way there with stock voltage. Not to mention thats the max o/c for some people's 2500's. I can imagine the 3000+'s maximum potential is higher than the others.

Back