• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this a good barton 2500+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

login211

axda2500kv4d aqxea 0327vpaw

i check the faq, aqxea is the best one i think

should i buy this barton or not?

(i think i should but what do i know)

AQXEA is the most recent stepping and likely to be the best overclocker, but this has yet to be confirmed.

The best news is in the code after the date VPAW. It is believed that the third letter in this sequence represents the wafer quality with "A" being the best and numbers being the worst, typical bartons are "M". That could be a prime chip (even if you decide not to run prime :D).

i hope it can get to 2.5ghz :D

i know 1 person who got his barton to 2.5ghz at default voltage!!! His was a AXDA2500DKV4D AQXDA0315TPAW

I just got a AXDA2500DKV4D AQXEA0327UPAW
its running at 2.26ghz at 1.7v (12.5x180fsb)
Iam pleased with it as I just installed it out of the box with the stock hsf and thermal pad on and my my temps are in the 45-50c range
will get some as3 an dmake a cpu blowhole to give some extra cooling though:)

Bose

k i just ordered it from shoprbc.com, cheapest place in canada for a retail 2500+, can$128 + taxes + shipping

initially i was going to wait a while before i got a barton but then i put my old paly 2100+ on ebay(US$43 right now) and i'm planning on selling my current 1800+... money i get from these cpus should cover most of the barton bill :p

Back