• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for fastest folding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would think that the command line installed as a service is quicker. Simply bcause the command line does not have to draw the pretty graphics.

Axle

I think so too (can't be a big difference though). Another thing is that people seem to have more troubles with the graphical client. I'm using it (graphical) though, and never had any troubles with it.

The graphical client is just as fast as the service, the program doesnt have to work on the graphics, they are built in. Thats why if u drag the box around, the graphics change rapidly even though frames arnt finishing. Thats my explanation. So I think that they are exactly the same, I use the graphical because it hides in the systray.:D

text client and EM3 are the best setup as EM3 hides the text console and it has a buch of other cool features. I remember asking a similar question when i first joined up and some people said to me, that some people believe the text client to be slightly faster. Below is a screen shot of EM3 on my main machine (notice you can get a fancy OC skin for it) :)

EM3Chris.gif

the speed difference go like this from slowest to fastest.

graphical client, console, service

for the service it doesn't matter if you used the grahpical or the console or screensaver to install it, because they all run the same way.

a little secret i use to fold even faster then a service install is to change the username to Xevuhtess7. i got roughly 23 seconds faster on each frame by doing that, you should give it a shot

heh, nice try. it takes like 10 seconds for each frame as it is on my Dell P3 1Ghz.

i don't have my signature rig up yet. still waiting for the fedex guy, but he's coming today!

Xevuhtess7 said:
the speed difference go like this from slowest to fastest.

graphical client, console, service

for the service it doesn't matter if you used the grahpical or the console or screensaver to install it, because they all run the same way.

a little secret i use to fold even faster then a service install is to change the username to Xevuhtess7. i got roughly 23 seconds faster on each frame by doing that, you should give it a shot
Err, the service uses the text console, how can it be faster?

What I was told sometime ago by Ploaf is that they're all the same as he did some tests to figure that out. So, I wouldn't fuss over what to use, just as long as you're comfortable with it. I prefer the EM3 method since it can monitor two instances at once.

Back