• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system: How does this look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dwango

Registered
My XP 1600+ went to hell about 5 months ago, and I've been using my laptop ever since. Well, now its time to get a new desktop running. This thing is going to reside in my room, so I want it to be fairly quiet (I've tossed and turned many times with the vaccum cleaner delta 90mm running). I'd also like to possibly get it up to 3ghz or so, if possible. Here are the specs:

CPU: P4 2.6C
Motherboard: Abit IS7
Memory: 2x512 Buffalo PC3700 (I've heard more good than bad)
Case: Antec Sonata case (w/ truepower 380W PSU)
HSF: Zalman 7000A-Cu cooler
Video: Geforce 3 ti-200 (for now, already have it)
WD 100GB, 8MB (already have)
WD 200GB, 8MB (already have)

Newegg.com embroidered hat
Various rounded cables

I know that this Zalman is pretty oversized. Will it fit on the IS7 along with the Sonata?
Should I drop down to just 512MB and save $100?

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. I'm looking for some feedback before I go off and drain my wallet.

Get 2 sticks of 256 if you want to save money, the IS7 has dual channel ddr capabilty.

Looks good. You'll have no trouble hitting 3 gig. Actually, you'll probably should reach 3.2 gig or more. I don't know much about that cooler... I thought most folks were getting the SLK900?

Back