• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new bios for ic7-g , bios ver 1.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdier

Registered
it seems there have been a new bios version available for ic7-g at abit.com.tw

UPDATE : it seems you can download the bin file from this url:

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/flashmenu/ic7_16.bin

bios version 1.6
compile date : 7/11/2003

have anyone tested it. I want to know if this bios version fixed the memory crap on ic7-g , since i am suffering from the memory issue.

i dont why this bios version not available at the other abit sites like :

www.abit-usa.com
fae.abit.com.tw

tried all the corsair memory modules now :
corsiar twinx 3200LL , 2x512
corsair xms3200ll , 2x512
corsair xms3700 , 2x512

the system is not stable when it is oced over 217fsb , tried all the memory timings.

cdier
ic7-g
intel p4 2.8c costa rica
corsair twinx 3200ll 2x512mb

Last edited:
Someone posted this up in the Australian overclockers forum as well.... same thing happened... they took it down b4 anyone could download it... although some guys were able to download the new is7 BIOS.... hmmm must be something wrong with the bios for them to take it off so quick!

np..please report back

Please report back your result after flashing to the new bios ...

cdier

I also can't see the different from 1.5 except it's now have support for IAAR 3.5, which 1.5 doesn't. One wierd thing with the 1.6 bios is that now the Raid bios doesn't show up during boot up(the one where you can set up your array when pressing ctrl + I).

But so far it's as stable as the 1.5.

I've lost my raid...

Flashed to 1.6 and now the Intel Raid Controller wont detect any of my drives :(

Bummer.

Back