• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for cheap Micro ATX board...suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

For a 1700+ cluster so it must have onboard video and lan. Also, I want it to be able to support at least PC2700. Everything I'm finding at newegg is PC2100 or lower! PCI lock is also nice because I am going to OC the FSB. Last is that it must be less than $75.00 USD. Doable? Y'all can tell me to go to hell if you want :D!

It depends on what you're looking for.

The original NForce (I don't believe) doesn't do PC2700.

NForce2 boards cost more than 75 dollars.

And most other chipsets don't OC too well. There are a few out there with Via chipsets. If you can find one with a KT333, that might do it, although I don't think you're going to find any out there with a PCI lock unless you go NForce2, as I've never heard of any chipsets with them besides the NForce2 and KT400 (which sucks).

So what are your needs? Where can you compromise, considering you're not going to be able to get a board that meets all of those requirements.

Z

Back