• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

Got my new case and HDD in today, what do you think?
MVC-065S.JPG

MVC-066S.JPG

I'm really impressed as a first time user of Newegg. I ordered it Sunday, it shipped monday morning and was here wednesday morning. Great service and prices, I think they've got a customer for life :D

I like it so far, all the edges are rolled but I still managed to stab the back of my thumb on a transistor and got blood on my shirt :( The only downside I see so far is my cooling isn't up to snuff so I think I may need to do some temporary outside the case ducting to get some air to the side fan since it's in kind of an alcove on my desk. I think I'm also going to order a, (technical term here) Big *** Fan. Specifically the Zalman CNPS5700D-Cu that I saw in the review section. If I'm not mistaken, it's the biggest air cooling rig you can get without doing custom stuff. I don't wanna do this half-*** then have to get another heatsink when I upgrade to a 2.5+ ghz P4.

I think it is a 60mm, just by looking at it. I was hoping it would be 80 since I've got a friend with several 80mm case fans he's offered me. I think I'm going to put a grill in the top and a fan to exhaust warm air and maybe one on the lower front side to suck in cool air since I don't see any openings on the front for intakes. Blackhabit, what are the grills for that are in front of the 3.5 bays? They look like you can mount 4 80mm fans there but there's no place for air to get in that I can see. The USB on the front is cool, I just found it.

USBports.JPG

Cool flip down cover.

Back