• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Never Cease to be amazed by the Tualatin Celerons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funnyperson1

These things are amazing. I upgraded to an Athlon XP and put my tually into a computer for my mom. I couldn't find a decent heatsink and all I had was a small pentium 1 heatsink.

This is a 1/2inch tall cooler master heatsink with a 5cfm fan on it. I decided well you know this cpu can take temps in the 50s if it isnt overclocked so I may be able to pull this off if I lower the voltage.

I clock it back to 1.1ghz and put the voltage at 1.275

So I apply generic Radio Shack paste and check it out. While running folding after 10 minutes the temperature is...get this.....37C. This is amazing. This is with no airflow just a pentium heatsink fan.

For those who want to passive cool and dont want some crappy C3 which doesnt have the power to play a divx movie properly get a tualatin and undervolt it. with a big passive heatsink this would still be fine.

Back