• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compliance20

I just got my new radeon 9800. im loving it. but i want to see if i can overclock it to the pro speeds. what do i need and what are some speeds that have been reached? ive heard alot about flashing the bios but i cant find the 9800pro bios and were. HELP PLZ!:p :p

I dont see why, other than automatically setting the clock. I rather do it manually in case there is a problem. If you can't boot for example, how will you flash it back? Also, if you use the Omega drivers, they come with a good overclocking utility.

-Rav

With the original bios I was able to get around 350MHz memory speed, but after flashing with the 9800 Pro bios, I can now run at 395MHz (artifact free). Some say the Pro bios causes the card to push more voltage to the memory. I have no idea if that's true or not, I just know it helped my overclock tremendously. It did not allow me to overclock the core any higher than before, though.
In the event something does go wrong with a video card bios flash, you'll need to install a PCI video card in order to flash the AGP video card again.

That is much better than what most others are getting (even before your added cooling contraption ;) ) , at least from what I've gathered.

ummmm

well i just did some overclocking, and i can get my memory to 322
and core 375. but then i start getting artifacts...i got a zalman cooler, and modded a ram sink on to the vram so i think that ill be able to get higher now. thanks for input guys

Mustanley said:
I can now run at 395MHz (artifact free).

do you have any benchmark scores from going to 340 to 390 at a constant core clock?

i want to see how big the performance gain is, if any

Re: Mustanley

Compliance20 said:
Mustanley..hey what happens with your rig if you want to go to a LAN party?

Heh, I don't .
I host small ones occasionally

Mac said:

do you have any benchmark scores from going to 340 to 390 at a constant core clock?

i want to see how big the performance gain is, if any

I didn't test mem scores alone, but I will if you are really interested.

I would definitely be interested in knowing 3DMark03 scores with constant core and different memory speeds.

I can run my core at 450, but I haven't gotten memory above 328.

Mustanley said:

I didn't test mem scores alone, but I will if you are really interested.

well, i meant compare before you flashed the bios (tighter timings) @ 340 to after you flashed the bios (relaxed timings) @ 390

get what im sayin?

Back