• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Lord!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My god...talk about a markup on the price. :)

I shutter to think what they're chargeing for a XP 2500+ barton.

Dont they have some policy that if you find a product that they sell that is being sold cheaper, they will match the price? They are only asking to have that price cut down.....what idiots!

:p

Kind of like that typo where they listed the GeForce4 Ti4600 for $200 on their website when it was first released. Apparently a ton of people ordered it from their site, and BestBuy found out and wouldnt ship them anymore and refunded the money. Well some guy took his reciept in and demanded that he have his VGA card since he payed for it, and he was arrested for causing a disturbance at BestBuy. From what I read though the guy did nothing that could warrant an arrest, he just asked to speak with the manager... :rolleyes: :p

For bestbuy and compusa, I can only buy there when the items are on sale with rebate coupon (though I hate waiting for the check).

E.g. after rebate
Hyper-X PC 3500 C2 512 MB for $100
Hyper-X PC 3500 C2 256 MB for $50 (this week)
WD 8MB 160 GB for $100 (I got one)
no name CD RW 52/24/52 for $10 (I just got)
CD RW 52/24/52 under $40
Dlink 11b plus wireless router $40
Dlink 11b plus wireless PCI card $30

Yes, they always have very nice deals on WD hard drives and networking equipment in general. In fact, there prices for these are pretty much unbeatable elsewhere. I got my 60 gb for only $40. That's less than a buck per gigabyte. And that HyperX is a steal.

Yeah, I got the kingston pc3500. I was surprised at how cheap it was, just as I'm surprised on how idiotically expensive that 2200+ is. :)

:rolleyes:
Just like at EBX ([/url=http://www.ebgames.com]website[/url]) they have a Geforce4 Ti4600 that has been sitting on thier shelf for months (I think it is the same one) that is marked as ~$360.

Back