• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you close the service install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RadiationMan

I think I screwed something up. I went to check one of my just borged machines with the service install, and it is trying to fold with the gromac core. It is a pentium III and the log said it was 14% completed with 15 frames. It looks much different than the tinker core and I've never follded gromacs before.

Sorry to ramble on, my question is, How do I stop the service install? The machine uses windows2000. I tried ctrl-alt-delete and closing it with the task manager, but it said it couldn't do it because it was running.(duh) I needed to remove the files but I couldn't do that because the program is running. How do I turn it off? Thanks for helping a borging n00b.

If you want to stop the service, go to run and type 'services.msc' (without the quotes of course). Look through the menu for the Folding@home service, then right click and you should get a menu with an option to stop it.
Also, why exactly do you want to stop the client?

The IT manager where I work said he did not want the service install on his system. He said it was ok to use the google toolbar because it could be put in conservative mode to be "less obtrusive" to other programs. I had installed it already and I need to delete it so I could install the hacked google toolbar.

Thanks for your help, Sterculus.

If you need to uninstall it you can use the add/remove programs wizard as well, it should be in there.

Back